I was visited by the Lord this past week. He told me there was a type of famine coming. I don’t have any dates on this. But I believe it is nothing to worry about. God will make a way for all that look to Him.
When I asked Him if there was need to prepare, He took me to Matthew 6:31-33:
"Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
He also said He wanted His people praying and fasting during this time. I called a 7-day fast in my church. I asked everyone to try to give at least 24 hrs of it with just water, if not the full seven days. Fasting is not easy, but when we are more hungry for God than we are for food, we can make it.
Here are a few tips to implement before beginning your fast:
1) Pray the day before you start with a prayer of forgiveness toward anyone who has hurt or offended you. Choose to forgive anyone who has disappointed you.
2) Renounce any addiction to food or any other addiction that is plaguing you. Tell the addiction you are taking authority over it and it can no longer rule in your body in Jesus name. This will help tremendously, believe me!
3) Offer the sacrifice in your body up before the Lord. In the Old Testame
nt, they would bring a sacrifice before the Lord and God would burn it up with Holy Fire. As the fumes and smoke rose up toward heaven, He would declare that this was a sweet-smelling odor in His nostrils. A sacrifice that is pleasing to the Lord, because we give it with the love of our heart, pleases Him. In Romans 12:1 Paul is beseeching us, by the mercies of God, to present our bodies as a living sacrifice...it can’t be just an act- it has to come from the heart. It’s an offering - so prepare as such.
4) Ask God for His grace so you are able to give what is in your heart.
5) Take time off from work and any task that can be postponed until after your fast is over. Jesus fasted often and separated Himself to hear from His Father. Keep separated during your fast! Try to spend time alone with the Father, as you read His word and stay in prayer. If you are unable to take off from work, you can still cut out certain times of the day for Him. Wake up early before work or stay up late after everyone has gone to bed. Also, you can take your lunch hour to pray in your car or a private place.
6) Don’t worry if you get a headache, that is your body detoxing- drink more water- reverse osmosis or distilled water. This is very important that you don’t use tap water while your body is cleansing. The headache will go away if you just stick to it. If your body is use to a lot of sugar or caffeine, a headache will occur. The 2nd day is always the hardest. Once you get past that day, it will be easier.
7) If you are going to fast on water alone, prepare Himalayan pink salt and cream of tarter to put in your water to keep up electrolytes and minerals. Fasting is actually very good for your body as well. It gets rid of all the dead and useless cells in your body and new ones are made, restoring health and vitality to the body. It also gives your digestion system a rest and your body can work on other issues needed to be restored in your body.
I believe this is the time that God is making Himself so real to His people and will show up in an awesome way if we seek Him. He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him. God Bless!!
To see more inspirational posts and prophetic insights from Prophetess LaCricia Hlavinka, please follow us on Facebook.